Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Stuck in Lodi - Waiting for Better Weather

We had a good night at Lost Hills and got on the road towards Sacramento through some rain and winds.  There were wind warnings on I-5 and we did notice some wind on the trip, but it was not anything worrisome to us.  As big as the Fiver is, it is a lower profile than the big trucks.  We stopped at a rest area and saw some metal sculptures that were pretty interesting.  The pig made us think of our friend Jim Hauck who has some pig sculpture in his garden.  Sorry Jim, too big to bring home!

These Metal Pigs Were Over Six Feet Long

I'm Not Sure We Want One of These In Our Garden
Anyone remember Credence Clearwater Revival?  They had a song called "Lodi" that went like this:

Just about a year ago
I set out on the road
Seekin´ my fame and fortune
Lookin´ for a pot of gold
Thing got bad things got worse
I guess you will know the tune
Oh ! Lord Stuck in Lodi again

Rode in on the Greyhound
I´ll be walkin´ out if I go
I was just passin´ through
Must be seven seven months or more
Ran out of time and money
Looks like they took my friends
Oh ! Lord I´m stuck in Lodi again

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River Album
We made it to our planned destination today; Lodi, California.  We wanted to make sure that we missed the Sacramento rush hour traffic, and our next planned destination is Redding, California.  Some of our family has been calling our travels the "HagaFinn Apocalyptic Tour" since we have had monumental rain, winds, an earthquake, tsunami, and now it looks like a major snow storm will slow us down.

The Siskiyou Pass on I-5 is forecast for heavy snow and high winds over the next couple of days.  As a result, we are spending an extra night in Lodi (hence the song lyrics) to give the storm a chance to blow through.  We now plan to leave Lodi on Friday to get up to Redding for an over night.  We still hope to get to Molalla by Sunday, but we will stay longer in Redding if the pass is still icy.

Rainbow Over Lodi, California
We hope that the weather where you are is good.  Thanks for visiting,

Neil and Pamela





No comments:

Post a Comment